“We are Central” is not only the tag line for the Central Avenue Council, but now a way to show all the great things you love about Central Avenue.
The “We Are Central” video contest is part of the Central Avenue Solstice. To participate, just submit a 30-second video taken on Central Avenue of anything you see, or do, or feel about Central Avenue and its community. All entries will be judged by a panel of experts to determine the winner, and the winner will be announced at the Central Avenue Solstice (September 24, 2016) at 7:00 p.m. at Sunset Park prior to the viewing of Movies in the Park. S/he will also receive gift cards from Central Avenue businesses and will be featured on the Central Avenue Solstice website following the announcement.
1. All submissions become the property of Central Avenue Council and may be used in a variety of promotions and projects for the Central Avenue Council.
2. Each video submitted can be no more than 30 seconds long, and the content should celebrate an aspect, characteristic, feature, theme, community, component or history of Central Avenue in St. Petersburg.
3. It is highly recommended that each video be created in Quicktime H.264 file format and then converted to .mp4 before uploading. For proper identification, the video file name should include the entrant’s first name, middle initial and last name. (e.g., anne_c_smith.mp4)
4. By the contest deadline of September 15, 2016, all video submissions must be uploaded to YouTube.com, set to PRIVATE and shared with CAS.FL@gmail.com. (If upload to YouTube is not possible, submissions may be uploaded to Dropbox.) Following the upload, entrant must email CAS.FL@gmail.com with her/his full name, contact information, and notification of the upload and link for access.
5. Anything considered inappropriate will be disqualified – which may include but is not limited to obscenities, nudity, vulgarity, and profanity.
6. Use of copyrighted, trademarked, or protected materials (such as popular music or brand names) in the video without written consent of the owner will disqualify the submission. It is the responsibility of the entrant to secure any written permission needed for use of such materials.
Swell Productions: "We Are Central" Video (30 sec.)
Posted as an example for length (30 seconds). Content of your video can be anything you'd like as long as it doesn't break the rules (please read contest rules above).